Supervision – Group Analysis – Intercultural Mediation
Dr. Elisabeth Rohr was Professor for Intercultural Education at the University of Marburg, Germany, until 2013. She trained as a group analyst in London. Since 1986, she has worked as a group analyst, supervisor, coach, consultant and trainer in national as well as international fields of work, in profit- and non-profit organisations. Within the last 20 years, she has organized a supervisory training in Guatemala in order to support the fragile peace and reconciliation process in the country. This training was originally financed by the German Government Development Agency (GIZ) and later on by the German Protestant Organisation “Brot für die Welt” in cooperation with a Guatemalan NGO (ECAP) to improve and professionalize the challenging activities of human rights activists in Guatemala, Mexico and El Salvador.
Scientific research involved investigations
- about the political, social and psychosocial impact of fundamentalistic missions operating in Ecuador,
- about specific identity developments of young female migrants in Germany,
- about psychosocial reasons behind the spreading of piercings and tattoos and
- about the fate of left behind children of migrants in Ecuador.
She has published extensively about these experiences.
Experiences as supervisor, counsellor, consultant and coach:
- individually, with groups and teams in non-profit social, educational, ecclesiastical, psychosocial areas and with profit related fields of work, f.e. with GIZ, Bread for the World, Cosmos, medico, psychological training institutes, organisational consultancies, schools, hospitals, airlines, migratory and refugee service organisations.
- Conflict-resolution consultancy with teams in unions, in the theatre and with free-lance artist-teams.
- Training-group analyst and training group supervisor at the Institut for Group Analysis, Heidelberg
- Professor and trainer within the Masterstudy course “Supervision and Counselling” at the University of Bielefeld.
Extensive experience with online-video-supervision and counselling in Germany and internationally in German, in English and in Spanish, with teams in Kenya and Mesoamerica, with individuals in Palestine and in the UK, with mixed teams from Southafrica, Zimbabwe and the UK.
There are numerous publications reflecting these experiences.
Recently published in German:
Vilma Duque und Elisabeth Rohr, 2020: Supervision in Mesoamerika. Herausforderungen in einer traumatisierten Postkonfliktgesellschaft; Psychosozial-Verlag, Gießen. In Spanish: Vilma Duque y Elisabeth Rohr (Ed.): Como montar un caballo muerto. Serviprensa, Guate
Keynotes at international conferences: in Oxford, London, Israel, Pretoria, Sevilla, Bilbao, Guatemala, Frankfurt, Bogotá, New York, Berlin, Tokyo.